The IIOT is a young project which aims to be just like the International Olympiad in Informatics, but the problems are meant to be solved in a team.
The participants are teams of 4 high school students who represent a school (like in ICPC).
Why in teams?
- Teamwork is a requirement in the labor market.
- Encourages mutual support and learning.
- Promotes creativity which comes from the comparison of different ideas.
- Students will be more willing to participate in similar competitions (IOI, ICPC).
How is the competition structured?
- 4 online contests (suggested)
- 1 onsite national final contest
- 1 onsite international contest
- English problem statements for everybody
- 2 PCs per team to solve in 3 hours (4 at the international contest)
How does it work?
- A leader school or organization for each country coordinates the competition: please contact us to become one!
- No costs are required to join the project.
- The international scientific committee provides tasks and technical support.